Cookies are not enabled in your browser and may affect website resources. We recommend that you turn it on.
The USB-i485 module is a cost-effective way to convert RS485 or RS422 industrial buses to a USB interface. When connected to a PC USB port the USB-i485 module is automatically detected and is installed as a native COM port which is compatible with any existing serial communication application.
Muliple modules can be installed when using USB hubs thus allowing a hassle-free configuration of a multi serial system without any IRQ or DMA configuration. 1500 Vdc galvanic isolation between the USB port and RS485/RS422 protects the PC from spykes or possible misconnections in the communication bus.
Get the Virtual COM driver that best suits your platform at https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm.
- Computer interface: USB V1.1 Plug and Play
- Operational system virtual serial port driver
- Operational system virtual serial port driver: Windows®, MAC and Linux
- Field Interfaces: RS485 Half Duplex (dual buses), RS485 Full Duplex or RS422
- Jumper selected RS485 / RS422
- Automatic flow control for RS485 Half Duplex 120 Ohms internal resistors termination enabled by jumpers
- Transmission rate: from 300 bps to 250 kbps
- MaximumRS485/RS422 cable length: 1200 m
- Maximum number of devices in the RS485 network
- Half Duplex: 2 x 32 devices
- Full Duplex: 32 devices
- Data transmission and reception LED indicators
- Power: from the USB port
- Consumption: <100 mA
- Isolation: 1500 Vdc galvanic isolation between the USB interface and the RS485/RS422 interfaceRS485/422 bus protection: ±60 Vdc, 15 kV ESD
- USB connection: Mini-B connector A 1.5 m cable with plugs mini-B and A is provided with the module
RS485/422 connector: screw terminal type accepting 1.5 mm² (16 AWG) wires ABS enclosure: 70 x 60 x 18 mm
- Operating environment: 0 to 70°C, 10 to 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
NOVUS USB-i485 converter is a fast and safe solution interface between computers and RS485 or RS422 industrial communication buses.